Clunes Agricultural Show
Our contacts and full information of this year’s show are available on our website:
• Our show is an action packed one day show and is renowned for providing a Traditional Country Show for all the family to enjoy.
• Being an Agricultural Show we have the traditional animal events of a full horse program on the arena all day; various cattle and sheep breeds; prime lamb competition; dairy goats; pigeons; poultry; fleece competition including heritage fleeces (the best in the region); a pet show - bring along your pet and enjoy the fun. Grain competitions. Pony rides are a hit with the kids. Sheep shearing demonstrations and later in the day all events stop for the grand parade, when the arena comes alive with all prize winning animals.
• After the judging of the Showgirls, Showboys and Young Citizens & Junior Ambassador the winners join the grand parade along with vintage vehicles and utes from our “Bute Ute” competition.
• Entertainment is provided for all ages, with bands performing throughout the day. There are plenty of participation events including: 2 person Tug-O-War; Keg Throwing; Gumboot Throwing; Ladies Woodsplitting and speed knitting.
• The Homecrafts Art & Photography pavilions have an excellent display of flowers, cookery, knitting, needlework, pantry, home grown produce, short story, poetry & handwriting, school art, photography for all ages and art. These pavilions can have up to 2000 outstanding entries.
• There is always plenty of variety of eateries and drinks of all varieties available.
• Our show continues into the evening with music, bar and barb-a-que available until late.
The Clunes Show has always been managed by a small but energetic band of Committee members who have met regularly throughout the year to plan and arrange this annual event. Through numerous working bees their aim has been to continue the tradition of providing a well run, well attended occasion to show off the districts very best produce, for many years to come.
From its simple beginnings, with its Agricultural background of ploughing matches and grain exhibition the Clunes Show has transformed into an event for the whole community to be involved in. From the gatekeepers to the food and drink stall operators, and from the section stewards to the local Wesley band, the Annual Show gives an opportunity for the districts people to come together and be involved and experience what is recognised far and wide as one of the leading “Country” shows in Victoria.
Third Thursday of each month excluding Dec & Jan. November meetings are the week before show and week after the Clunes Show. Commencing at 8.00pm at the Showgrounds.